KLINE'S RV SERVICE
Our facility we do a full range of RV repairs and maintenance including: 5th Wheel/Hitch Installation, Tow Bar Baseplate Installation, Brake Controller Installation, Oil Changes, Brake Repair, Repacking Wheel Bearings, Awning Installation and Repair, Leak Repairs, Minor Body Work, Generator Maintenance and Repair, Plumbing Repairs, Electrical Repairs, and more!
Winterizing Your RV
During freezing weather the most important thing about winterizing your RV is to drain your plumbing system of water so that your pipes don't freeze and burst, anything that contains water needs to be emptied. RV vehicles require a non-toxic RV Anti-Freeze to be installed into all interior water lines. If you plan to use your unit during freezing conditions special precautions must be taken so that the water system is not damaged due to freeze up. We carry all of the necessary equipment if you would like to do this service yourself or our service department will be happy to perform this service for you.
- Close LP Gas Tank Values
- Cover the regulator on the propane cylinder
- Shut down the refrigerator and remove all food and anything fragrant. Clean the inside and leave the refrigerator door slightly open to prevent mildew.
- Double check cupboards, underneath the sink and storage areas. Remove any liquid that would freeze.
- Disconnect battery/batteries and top off their fluids and store them in a warm and sheltered location.
- Retract all slide outs and awnings. If you cover the RV use a RV Cover not a tarp.
- Cover all external vents, such as the furnace outlet , to prevent mice and other critters from entering you unit. Make sure to keep the range hood closed.
- Consider opening a covered window or roof vent a little , this will provide some airflow through the unit to keep the musty odors at a minimum, or install MAX AIR vent covers.
- Placing dryer sheets thru out the unit will help with odors and pest control.
- It's a good idea to cover tires to protect them from winter damage.